Can you believe 2013 is almost gone? I was thinking about my goals and thought you might be thinking about yours too.
If you’re like me you had BIG hopes and goals for this year. Let me ask you…
Did you keep your New Year’s Resolution to lose weight?
Are you making more money?
Did you take that vacation?
If you’re like 97% of people your answer to the above questions will be no.
But I don’t think you are like 97% of people. I think you are unique. I think you are special.
Now is NOT the time to give up until 2014. NOW is the time to put your foot on the gas and go for what you really want. You can still achieve your goals.
Here are three tips to help you get back on track to achieving your goals.
1. Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself completely and look forward to the future, which is always brighter and full of hope. Living in the past will not give you an opportunity to change things. Your success lies in your future. Now is the time for you to march ahead.
2. Accept that failure doesn’t have to be the end of your story. I’ve failed many times in business and in life. Each time that I’ve failed, I made the conscious choice to try again and so did many other successful people.
- Winston Churchill failed the sixth grade. He was defeated in every public office role he ran for.
- Thomas Edison invented 1,000 light bulbs before creating one that worked.
- Dr. Seuss’ first book was rejected by 27 different publishers.
- Henry Ford’s first auto company went out of business.
- Harland David Sanders, the famous KFC “Colonel,” couldn’t sell his chicken. More than 1,000 restaurants rejected him.
What do all these people have in common? They failed yet they continued on. They each understood that failure wasn’t the end of their stories.
3. Be Consistent. Sadly, this is where most people fail. You set goals at the beginning of the year but they didn’t work out as you planned. Consistency is not about giving 100 percent every day. Consistency is about standing firm. Following your path until you achieve success. Being consistent is what makes the difference between success and failure.
Don’t put on the brakes until the New Year. Forgive yourself. Accept that failure doesn’t have to be the end of your story in 2013. And to be consistent. You can achieve the goals you set at the beginning of this year. Remember you are the creator of your destiny! You have the power to make your dreams come true.
Your Success Partner,
It’s well known that most people fail in multi level marketing. The rate of failure is very high. A recent study I read stated that about 90% of multi level marketers either fail to make a profit or quit after three months. Yet people like Ray Higdon, Eric Worre, Tom ‘Big Al’ Schreiter and the [...]
As you prepare to start a business and take the plunge from being an employee to an entrepreneur you must focus on your finances. The truth is that it takes money to make money. You cannot start a profitable small or home based business without investing some money. You will need money for startup cost, [...]
If you’re in Network Marketing, you will find it takes awhile to learn how to sort out people who are truly interested in your opportunity from those people who are just curious or those who want to listen to tell you that network marketing is a scam. Here is the thing about your potential prospects, [...]
"Stop asking your time where it went, and start telling your time where to go." Scott Thomas Do you often say to yourself “I wish I had more time?” I know what it’s like to struggle with time. Working a 9 to 5 job, being a single mom, dealing with health issues and trying to [...]
There are 110 days left in 2013. The countdown to 2014 will begin soon. I believe you can still make it a great year. This is not the time to give up! Maybe you are embarrassed because at the end of last year, you shared your dreams for 2013 with your friends and family members [...]
If you do an Internet search, you will find more than a fair share on books that explore the traits of successful entrepreneurs. However, the fact is that there isn't one entrepreneurial type. Entrepreneurs are people and people are vastly different. Bill Gates is an entrepreneur but so is the single mom who sells Mary Kay. [...]
How do you want to live? Do you want to merely exist? Or do you want to take control and design your life? You can choose to live your life by default or by design. I believe that life gives each of us choices. The choices we must make will not always be easy but they [...]
Last week we discussed that your job has limits because your job won't make you wealthy. Now you may be asking yourself - What can I do to get wealthy? There are a lot of ways to become wealthy. Here are just a few: Inherit wealth Wouldn't it be nice to inherit wealth? No work and [...]
Wouldn't it be nice to never have to work again? How would you spend your time? Would you play golf? Would you travel the world? Would you join the peace corps? Would you become an artist? Not only is it possible to do all of these things - but you can do them! Why some people [...]
In the previous two blog posts, I discussed the importance of planting marketing seeds to grow your business. Many business owners, struggle with marketing their business because they don't know what type of marketing activities they should be doing. In order for your marketing to work, it must reach your intended target audience. Therefore, it [...]